Permitting and Licensing Services


Most projects that require environmental authorisation also require several additional permits and or licences. For instance, the use of water resources in South Africa is regulated and prospective water users need to obtain authorisation from the Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) to make use of the water resources, through the Water Use Licence Application (WULA) process. This process would cover water uses including abstraction of water, storage of water, discharge of water, crossing or modifying a water course or wetland and other activities which may have an impact on the surrounding water resources. Many projects are delayed by the ancillary licencing process and conducting GAP analysis and application process on behalf of our clients is one of our core services.